Oct 29, 2010

Feature Me Friday

Today's Feature Me Friday is about food! I love food! Some people eat to live (I read all about them in my Shape magazine) and some people--like me!--live to eat! I am so thankful that I have such a great metabolism because let me tell you, if I didn't, I would probably be 200 lbs. And I'm only 5' people!

I make my own yogurt these days...when I remember. I made a batch the other day, or tried to, and for some reason it didn't turn out. It never got thick so I was basically left with sour milk. I hate to throw food away so I tried my hand at frozen yogurt! I looked up a recipe real quick and did it a really lazy way that didn't turn out so super fantastic but it sure tastes good! Here's what I did:

Mix together (approximate measurements) 2 cups plain yogurt (or yogurt soup like I did), 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla. Freeze and stir every half hour.

I don't have an ice cream machine so I just stirred it by hand. A hand mixer would have been better but I was really lazy. The more the ice crystals are broken up the creamier the frozen yogurt will be. Mine was super icy. Because I was lazy. Don't be lazy. But, it still tasted super delicious! This still seems like a ton of sugar to me when I've been trying to cut back. Next time I might try something different. Maybe some local honey. This girl says she's had some really great honey from her area and it's WAAAAAY better than the stuff you find in the store. I totally believe her but I have yet to try our local honey!

This 'recipe' would probably be creamier with actual yogurt, not soup. I might be wrong but I think if you start with something creamy, the outcome will probably be creamy(er)! Also, it's recommended that you strain the yogurt through a cheesecloth first. But really, who had time for that? Okay, I do. Laziness, I tell you!

0 comments: