Oct 5, 2010

Yes, Deer


Jeff and I have had an argument over a certain 'decoration' he wants in our home some day. It's not in the immediate future and it could still be a very long way off but I'm sure it will happen some day. I'm sure many of you have had this argument, or lost this argument yourself: whether or not to hang a deer head in your home. Not usually hidden away in a closet or basement or garage either. Like, maybe in your living room. For everyone to see. For young children to be frightened.





I have been fighting my side of this argument for a few years now. I think it started before we were married. After reading decorating blogs in the past year or so, I've started to lessen my fight. Maybe it won't be so bad after all. I mean, I don't have to decorate a room to look like a hunting camp just because a deer head is on the wall (although I'm sure Jeff would love that). I actually like the look of a fake, or an all-one-color deer head but Jeff already said he won't let me spray paint it if he ever gets that monster buck. So, I googled a few pictures to get a better idea of some future possibilities. Do you think Jeff will go for it?


I did notice one thing, I was more drawn to the photos with dark and bold colored walls behind the deer. Or a very bright white.
I wish I could give you the sources of all these pictures but I exited out of the window before grabbing the links! Just know that none of the photos were taken by me!
One more picture:


Um, yeah, there is no deer head in this one. I just stumbled across it in my searching and loved it. The bright white ceiling, the big bookshelf, the open, airy staircase. And I see a few places where a deer head would fit. I could totally have this in my house someday!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Haha. Yes. The deer head fight...havn't seen one come through the door yet and hoping not anytime in the near future!

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

The top picture looks like you! Definitely your style.

(Quietly to myself, "Thank goodness I didn't marry a hunter... Thank goodness I didn't marry a hunter... Thank goodness I didn't...")

~ Jennifer

Sara said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Instead of pout everytime I walk in my living room...(or my bedroom)...I just need to get creative! :)