Oct 8, 2010

Feature Me Friday

I didn't forget about Feature Me Friday! I just got too busy today (we have friends staying with us this weekend) so I didn't get a chance to sit down and post until now.
I didn't work on my dress at all this week. I'm not really sure why. Maybe the fact that I got all excited to borrow a dress form from a friend only to find out it was the wrong size. Darn. Anyways, I am excited to get moving (and hopefully finished!) with it next week.
This week I did two very simple and quick projects. I can hardly call them projects. On Sunday I wore a plain brown shirt to church and I wanted to add something to it so I made this flower:


I then safety-pinned it to my shirt which wasn't the best idea because it didn't sit just right. Oh well, it was simple and quick and I like it!

I've had a pillow laying around for way too long with a covering that I didn't like. I cut it open (to throw it away) and found, to my surprise, that there was an insert and not just a bunch of stuffing! This was pretty exciting because I love the look of colorful pillows but I haven't yet learned how to stuff properly. I tried once but it was a lumpy mess. Hm...that sounded funny. Anyways, I have also had some fabric for quite some time that I had wanted to use for a pillow. Here was my chance!


Excuse the awkward angle, the window was way too bright any other way.
I thought the case I made would be too small with my illogical thinking but as it turns out, it's almost too big. I added a zipper instead of sewing it shut for the sole purpose of sewing a zipper. I have done them before but it's been quite a few years. I want a zipper on my dress so I thought I'd give it a try here first.

I'm warming up to the idea of exposed zippers--not really sure if I got the look right here though--I might put one on my dress. Okay, so I would most likely do it on my dress because it would be easier than a hidden zipper! Besides, now I can take the cover off and wash it rather than throwing the entire pillow into the wash. Laundry is expensive when you pay with quarters! (Do like how unrelated that zipper pull is??)

Have a good weekend! Is your weather as warm and sunny as ours?

3 comments:

Heather said...

I didn't realize you had sewn that! I thought it was SO cute I love the exposed zipper!

Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com said...

I love the flower button!! Too cute.

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

Love them both.

~ Jennifer