May 24, 2012

Favorite Snack

We've been hooked on almond butter lately. Our local co-op sells it freshly ground. You literally flip the switch on the machine to fill your container. We like to eat it on bananas or apples. At first, it was weird because we were so used to eating peanut butter with fruit but now it has become my favorite snack. I also like to sprinkle pour on the cinnamon. (I held back for the picture.) Our favorite apples are Pink Lady!


We're out running errands today. I'm hoping to have a picnic lunch if it doesn't rain!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Yum! I love it too! You will love this recipe then:

1 cup oats
1 cup coconut
1/2 choc. chips (I usually skip this)
1/2 almond butter
1/2 cup flax
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla

mix together and roll into balls. Put in the fridge till they harden a bit (or the freezer if you're less patient like me!) So yummy!!

~ Jennifer J. said...

That is such a good idea for getting protein with your fruit. And I never do it. So, I thought I'd let you know you inspired me to get some almond butter (and Sunbutter because it's peanut-free) so we can start doing this. Can't wait to try it tomorrow with the cinnamon!