Jan 21, 2011

Just Something I Made...

Or didn't make as it happens!

Grumble, grumble. I still have so much to learn about making clothing! This skirt has been a pain in the rear. And speaking of rears...it barely fits over mine! I was adjusting the waistline to fit me and completely disregarded the fact that it still needed to fit over my rather substantial hips. So, now it doesn't. Well, it does, but I'm not really up for wearing tight-fitting skirts.
I started this skirt on Tuesday or Wednesday night and it was going great until I got to the zipper. I wanted to do a hidden zipper in the back. It took me 8 tries to get it in right, and it looked great. Then I completely changed the top of the skirt and guess what? Half of the zipper got pulled out. I can hardly wait to put it back on! Now, since I made it too small, I need to add extra fabric which I really do not want to do but I guess this is a 'make it work' moment!
I'm still hoping to get it done before Sunday so I won't dread getting dressed as I do every other Sunday.
I WILL have pictures on Monday. Even if it means no sleep tonight!

0 comments: