I finished my skirt on Saturday. I didn't end up adding extra panels of fabric, I was able to pull the entire skirt apart (even the zipper!) and make the seam allowances a little smaller. I had left them really big to leave room for error. It worked but I'm still debating whether or not I'll keep the skirt for myself. It's still just a bit smaller than I would like. Luckily, the church was so cold on Sunday so I ended up keeping my coat on the entire time anyways.
I started with this shirt. Yeah, I swiped another piece of Jeffery's clothing for myself. (I did ask for permission!) I picked this out years ago when it was on clearance at Elder Beerman. I don't think he ever wore it.
It now looks like this:
It's pretty wrinkly, I took these pictures after church. It's probably slightly looser than it looks with all the wrinkles.
Now that I've learned a few things about making a skirt from a shirt, maybe I'll dig through Jeffery's clothes and find another...