Jan 31, 2011

it pays to be organized


I finally organized my closet a few days ago and now I'm kicking myself for putting it off for so long. We have one big shelf above all the hanging clothes and I'm always tossing clothing up there if I find out-of-season stuff in our tiny little dresser. I mean, literally, tossing things up there. They land anywhere they please. It didn't even cross my mind that there might be anything up there that I would want or need right now. Imagine my surprise when I found 5 thermal shirts, 2 sweaters (one sorta dressy, yes!) a pair of jeans, and a skirt that all fit. Woohoo! It feel like I just got a load of free clothes! I wear thermal shirts all the time in the winter so I can't figure out how I completely erased them from my memory. It's nice to have them back. I don't love the jeans, the waist is too big so they aren't the most flattering but they'll do considering I only have 2 pairs that I ever wear! The skirt has a slit that goes too high which is probably why I tossed it up there to begin with. I already have an idea for that; I'm going to put some pleated fabric in the slit to add a little something and make it more appropriate.
Oh yeah! I nearly forgot: I found a nightgown too. Like, granny style, long sleeve, floor length, up to my neck. My bridesmaids had a pj party theme for my bachelorette party and that's what they gave me to wear! It's satiny with a flannel-like lining. I was going to bring it to Goodwill but then I spotted Adrian's lovey and *LIGHTBULB!* I'm going to cut it up and make a few loveys with it. I hope he likes them!
Speaking of Adrian...


I got him out of his crib after naptime and he was so snuggly. That's usually the only time of day he'll let me snuggle him but today it lasted for a whole 10 minutes. That is a long time for him and I loved every second of it!

1 comments:

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

I love that picture -- with his smiling, still sleepy little face!

~ J