Dec 8, 2010

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

 (Warning, blurry photos ahead! And I'm still going to show you because I have no claims to being a photographer!)


I had wanted to put a tree up the day after Thanksgiving and we finally got one yesterday. I found a tree stand and Jeff found a tree. Then we made Lex's hot chocolate and decked it out. The tree that is, not the hot chocolate. (How many more times can I say the word tree?) We never put up a tree last year (ha, I said it again!) for whatever reason so this year I was determined to get one. (A tree.)


Now that it's up and fully decorated, or at least as much as it can be, I realize just how few ornaments I really have. I guess that's encouragement to start making all the decorations that have been swirling around in my head! I did make a few last year that were never displayed because we didn't have a tree. I absolutely love them, I just wish I had more! I was planning on decking the tree with chartreuse, teal, and turquoise only but Jeff insisted that we put some red in the mix. I'm glad he did or I wouldn't know how much I love that combination! Besides, it goes well with the garland that I made last year.


So far Adrian has been okay with the tree. Most of the ornaments are unbreakable or at least hard to break. He keeps pulling two particular ornaments off but other than that he doesn't seem too obsessed with the tree. I hope he'll get used to it and ignore it more and more each day although I'm not counting on it.





I gave Adrian some hot chocolate and he loved it! It's really thick so we used a spoon for him. He kept doing this hysterical laugh, he's becoming such a clown! This age is so fun!


Here's a video so you can actually see what I'm talking about (it's kind of dark):


Boy, that hot chocolate sounds so good right now...

6 comments:

Kaitlin said...

haha! what a cutie-pie! i can't believe how much of a big boy he looks with that hair-cut!

Amanda Kay said...

Makes me smile!

And I'm with you on the no-ornaments thing. My tree could use some more color.

Heather said...

What a hunny ;] We did the same thing over here Tuesday night, tree and homemade hot cocoa. Only I didn't take many pictures. Lex's recipie sounds awesome though...I'll have to try!

Sara said...

He is SOOO CUTE!!! Miss that little man!

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

He's looking like a big guy! He's so cute.

I can't wait to make that hot chocolate.

~ Jennifer

(Is it just me, or is there no sound on the video?)

Heidi Lassila said...

Jen, is your volume up?? ;) It works on my end.