Nov 8, 2010


What a blast! I spent the weekend in Appleton Wisconsin (and Oshkosh, and Green Bay...) with these ladies. I didn't go for the shopping (and that's what the trip was for, I mean seriously) but I had so much fun! I haven't laughed that hard in way too long! These girls are some serious shoppers, we actually went to 3 different malls in 3 different cities one day. Yikes! Talk about shopping until you drop! For all the different shops and department stores we visited, I only bought from Once Upon a Child which is a consignment shop. Ironic isn't it? Adrian needed mittens and boots which I found there along with a beanie and a clip-on tie that I just couldn't pass up. I think most of the other girls bought enough to fill up their cars and had most, if not all, of their Christmas shopping done. That must feel good! I, on the other hand, have only just started.

This weekend was the first time I was away from Adrian overnight. Holy cow, that's crazy when I really stop and think about it. I acted like I was ready to run out the door but when it came right down to it, I was ready to bawl like a baby. Jeff said he did great all weekend, he didn't even ask for me. Way to break my heart! I'm glad he was good though. Jeff did say that one evening, our friend Paul came over and when he opened the door Adrian went flying over and seemed slightly disappointed when he saw who it was.

By the way, Jeff is basically the best husband ever. I came home to a clean house and Adrian was in bed (although honestly, I had to get him up to say hi). Then, today he washed dishes and did laundry. I was kind of like 'what the heck??' but believe me, I wasn't about to complain. It's been a good couple of days!

1 comments:

Amanda Kay said...

Kendall didn't ask about me when I was gone either, but Paul said he made sure not to say anything about me so she wouldn't start looking for me. And I was gone for 2 nights!