Jul 23, 2012

Happy Birthday to My Mom and Me

Jeff called me on his way home from work on Friday to ask if I wanted to go out to eat for my birthday. Good little housewife that I am, carnitas were already well on their way to deliciousness. I decided to go anyways and then the next night's supper would be easy peasy. (Let's just forget about the fact that they sat out all.night.long. Wah!) I chose to go to Sweet Water Cafe. They have a lot of gluten-free options and use mostly local and organic products. Everything is made from scratch.


We've been there once before as a family about a year ago and Jeff was NOT IMPRESSED. He ordered a burger (grass-fed on locally made organic bread) and said it was really greasy and didn't taste very good. (Grass-fed beef does have a different taste so maybe he would have liked it better now after having grass-fed beef.) I had ordered a dijon chicken sandwich which I thought was awesome, I definitely wanted to go back. Just not too terribly often because it is kind of expensive which is directly related to the organic and local food.


So, this time around, Jeff went with the special which happened to be a chicken burrito. When the waitress described the meal, bell peppers, beans, chicken etc in a whole wheat wrap, my initial thought was that it sounded bland, but then I figured there must be some kind of sauce. I debated getting it but ended up going with the ginger stir fry.

Poor Jeff.

The burrito had no sauce. I'm not even making that up. In fact, it came with a side of salsa and he only ate it after adding the whole cup. My stir-fry on the other hand, was delicious. I think I'll just go ahead and order for him if I can ever drag him in again! Actually, the creme brulee may have made up for the awful meal in the end. Yum!

Afterwards, we went to Lowe's and Adrian got burried in the cart with some shovels while I picked out paint colors.


Then we tested out some pools. For $3 more, this would have made lounging material, but alas, it would not have made it home in the 'bu.


So we settled for this little model. Easy installation, low maintenance, plenty of entertainment. We did not however, install the recommended fence or otherwise approved barrier around our new 3' round.


1 comments:

jodi said...

fun birthday!! Sounds like you had a good time. My husband is not a fan of grass fed beef either. But your meal sounds like it was really yummy!