Dec 14, 2011

Camping In

I don't think I ever mentioned it on here, but Adrian had been climbing out of his crib 17 times a night so we finally said 'enough.' I'm not exaggerating when I say 17, in fact, one night it may have been closer to 29. It gets old quick, let me tell you. Especially when he's back out of his crib by the time I even climb back in my bed which is about 10 steps around the corner. We have been wanting to get him a twin-sized bed for the past several months, but it hasn't happened yet. About a week ago, (after the night of 29 crib evacuations) I folded up his little crib and set up his little mattress in the corner. And he's been sleeping a million times better ever since. As have I. Apparently standing up and running out of his room isn't quite as alluring as scaling the side of his crib.
 

Then, a few nights ago, I thought I heard him playing in his room after putting him to bed. When he didn't come out I went to investigate. His bed is in the far corner so when I heard breathing coming from the middle of the room I thought he was sneaking around. I flipped on the light to find him in his tent. He had pulled all his bedding, minus the mattress, into the tent and was only awake because I turned the light on. He's been sleeping in there since and he's even made it through a few nights without getting up!

7 comments:

Heather said...

LOVE that he sleeps in the tent..haha! What a cutie

Gretchen said...

Haha that is SO cute of him!

Jodi Ann said...

oh my goodness, that is so cute!!

Amanda Kay said...

So cute!

Sara said...

oh that is so cute!!! probably so cozy for him.

Elizabeth said...

I love when they get their own little ideas like that! A sweet glimpse of their personalities:)

Emily said...

That is so cute!! little stinker climbing out of his crib! My kids never did that.. which is actually kind of surprising.