I saw the potential. I loved the color, I loved the dots. Now I love the lace too! I'm keeping this one for myself for a couple reasons. First, because I love it! Second, it has a small stain and a few little snags that I didn't notice right away. Oh darn. Don't you hate when that happens? You make something, plan to sell it, something comes up and you're forced to keep it for yourself. Actually wait, no, I don't hate that!
Honestly, the only thing I dislike about this shirt now is the major static cling. I'll probably get over it.
I had planned to change up the neckline because, although I like the way the button looks in the back, I hate the way it's designed. I realized pretty quickly that to change it up, I would need to make the front or back really low so I guess I'll just live with it. The neck has a hidden seam by means of another piece of fabric on the inside...I don't know how to put that into words and I'm not sure what the correct term is. It's not blind stitched....[an hour later] I tried searching for the correct term but that's hard to do when, well, I don't know the correct term!
Here's what I did:
-Cut the sleeves off, resize using one of my shirts, cut to desired length. I cut from the top so I could still use the hem. I had wanted to have a bit of 'puff' at the shoulders but I ended up cutting my sleeves just a bit too small so I wasn't able to gather the fabric.
-Resize bodice using one of my shirts. Again, I saved the bottom hem. In fact, I didn't lose any length at all, the entire top of the shirt stayed intact as well.
-Ruche one side by setting my thread tension as high as it would go.
-Add layers of lace to bottom of ruched side to even out the bottom. It was too short without the lace and I like how it turned out!
One more time, the before and after: