Feb 8, 2011

one for you, three for me

Because I always like to see what treasures other people find on their thrifting travels, I thought I would share mine! At one time, I would have walked right by every single one of these items but now, I am so excited about them and can't wait to start working playing with them!

Oh, I'm so sorry, I already removed the shoulder pads from the shirt on the right!

These shirts will be refashioned into something more attractive--the button-down shirt will lose that scarf. Something about that combination of crazy dots and matching solid color reminds me of a clown...


This wool skirt will lose some length and the sheet, well, I haven't quite decided what to do with that yet. I loved the print but I can't decide if I want to make curtains, a comforter, or a dress with it. I'm leaning towards a dress because I think the colors are a little different than what I want for my home. Of course, I should have material left over so maybe I'll make a throw pillow to try it out. We shall see!
I bought some of these with my Etsy shop in mind but I guess I'll wait until I'm finished with them before deciding whether or not to keep them for myself. Shoot, maybe this shop wasn't such a good idea after all...

3 comments:

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

I can't wait to see what you do. I really like the colors/print of the two shirts and the sheet.

I'm so into vintage clothes and wish all of us in this house had everything vintage to wear. We all have a few things but not nearly to the point I wish we were. I keep thinking I should start featuring more of the vintage clothes we wear. It's so fun to see what others are wearing. (And, actually, I'm not sure if I have anything as far as clothing goes. Mostly just jewelry.)

Have you seen the feature Smile and Wave has been doing for vintage clothes? (Vintage Here, Vintage There.) I love it!

~ J

Sara said...

will be fun to see what you come up with! :)

Trains and Sewing Machines said...

I'm pretty sure I have pillowcases to match that sheet that I bought at a thrift store a long time ago!