Feb 4, 2011

Just Something I Made

This week's project was pretty simple. Remember that skirt I found in my closet? As I've said many times before, I don't have enough dress clothes that I actually like so I got to work on that right away. The slit was too high so I made quick fix.

BTW, I love these hangers but I'm missing one--did I leave it at your house?

All I did was pleat a rectangle of cotton fabric and hand sew it behind the slit. In hindsight, I wish I would have used a heavier fabric so you could actually see the pleats, as it is they just kind of 'fell out.' Oh well, I like the pop of color either way! 

Sometimes, in old apartments you get lucky, I LOVE our metal closet doors.


4 comments:

Heather said...

What a cute idea! I love it!

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

That is so cute. Great use of unexpected color. And I love your shoes.

~ J

Krista said...

Love it! Cute picture.

jean said...

that is so cute Heidi i wish i could make things look cute like you can