Jun 26, 2010

Don't worry, I'm not giving up yet

If you ever wanted to know how bagels get that slightly glossy look, wonder no more:

MmmmMMMmmm! You can't beat homemade bagels. Okay, let's be honest, you can't beat homemade anything! The guys at Jeff's work are starting to complain that their wives only shop in the freezer and boxed dinner sections. Poor guys. I should bring them lunch someday...
I didn't go garage saling again this weekend. (I know, I know, I'm slacking!) My excuse this time is that I wanted to get caught up on a few things around here so I can get back to working on Etsy. (Or start working on Etsy?) I've spent the last two days baking, cleaning, doing laundry, and grocery shopping. Throw in the usual meal prep and clean-up, a couple softball games, training for a half-marathon, and I don't have much time for Etsy-related activity! I was complaining to Jeff the other day that my 'hobbies' are all so time-consuming. He suggested I quit Etsy. Uh, no, sorry honey, not gonna happen! I barely got started! Plus, I would give up everything else before I gave up makin' stuff because that's really what I love the most. So, hopefully Monday finds me sewing like mad!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 comments:

Sara said...

yuM! I've got to make some bagels again! And if you're looking to do some cooking for anyone - you've got my address!

Went to the quilt shop today, nothing like a stack of pretty fabric to get you wanting to sew! I washed it immediately and sewed all evening...So FuN! :)