Apr 17, 2009

Visiting the Southern Peninsula

Our trip downstate was nowhere near long enough! I know I've been back for almost a week but I figured I'd give you an update.
We made it in town at about 9:15 Saturday morning so I was able to go out to coffee with the girls. Unfortunately, that meant I didn't get much sleep so I spent half the day napping after that! It was so nice to be able to see all of our friends this time. The only downfall was that we weren't able to spend as much time with our families as we would have liked. We're heading down again the first weekend of June for Jeff's sister's graduation. I'm planning on getting a ride down a week early so I can spend some more time with our families.

The weather has been awesome this week. It was around 70 today so we ventured out to "the island" (it's actually a peninsula) for a walk. We saw a guy with his two kids on the beach...in their bathing suits! There was still snow out on the pier! I mean looking at that beautiful water made me want to swim too, but come on now, let's be realistic!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I call that spring fever!! It was beautiful down here also but didn't spend too much time outside as I went to a shower this morning & Katie's bowling fund raiser this afternoon. Go figure tomorrow it is going to be cool & rainy.
Love,
Grandma