ETA: I just watched Adrian pull himself forward!! It's just a matter of time now...
My little big guy is 6 months today. This is probably more for me than anyone else but read on if you're interested!
- Adrian has been sitting for a while but now he can turn while he's sitting and reach for toys. He's still trying to figure out how to get down on his belly (without accidentally getting there) from that position. I think he did do it today but I wasn't really paying attention so I don't know if it was actually intentional or not.
- Cereal is getting easier and he really seems to enjoy it. We'll be adding fruits and veggies in the next couple of days!
- He wants to touch everything that is in his 'bubble.' If we walk past something that he thinks he can reach, his chubby little arms are stretching to get it.
- He sometimes plays with his pacifier and is figuring out how to get it back in his mouth.
- He sucks his thumb. People have been asking me if he does when they notice him doing it. Up until a few days ago I would tell them no, he just likes to chew on his hands but he doesn't really favor any digit in particular. I've been noticing lately that he sucks his left thumb. I think it's cute.
- 12 hours is a good nights sleep. He's been sleeping through the night for about a week (since he started cereal). He started sleeping 10 hours straight plus an additional 2 after eating. Last night was a full 12!! I didn't hear him until 9 this morning! I can't believe how well that's been going. Each night was easier, by about the 4th or 5th night, he only cried for 5 minutes if he cried at all.
- The only thing that stops him from rolling is the wall. He'll go and go until there is no room left to roll. Then he'll hit his palm on whatever he ran into for a while and eventually roll away again.
- He babbles all day. Sometimes he squeals, sometimes he moans, and he really likes to get my attention. I just need to copy him and respond to get a big grin.
- He likes to have stories read to him and songs sung. A favorite is "Old MacDonald." If he's getting fussy while I'm making supper I give him a few 'oink-oink here's' and he's happy as can be.
- Bath time is a fun time. He loves to splash around and lately, he's been rolling over in the tub. Yesterday he was "swimming" from one end of the tub to another. He can spin himself around in the water too. He's still working on doing that on the floor.
- He wiggles backwards on the floor somehow and sometimes gets up on his knees and does a variation of "down dog."
- He is drooling like crazy and wants everything in his mouth but I don't see any teeth yet.
- He is still basically "the best baby a Momma could ever ask for!" (I tell him that all the time.)