Aug 6, 2012

Gigi's Camp

We got back from the camp last Tuesday and Adrian is still asking to go back to "Gigi's camp." (We call Jeff's grandma Gigi to distinguish between all the grandma's. He's a lucky kid to know so many.)


We went thrift shopping while we were there, my mother-in-law and I were the last thrifters, with Adrian and Isaac in tow. Adrian was following Grandma around Keweenaw Consignment and talking as loud as can be, I could hear him all over the store. Every once in a while I would hear, "Where's my mom?" and the other customers probably nearly died when they saw what appeared to be a 14-year-old pipe up, "I'm right here, honey." I found a handful of vintage treasures including these really cool pillowcases that I saw on someone's blog. I just searched around and I can't figure out where I saw it, but anyways, I had no intention of seeking it out and then bam, there it was. I love when that happens! I'll have to do a thrifting post one day to share some of my latest finds.


We stopped at the grocery store to get drinks to go with the pizza we had for lunch and Auntie Jenna bought a mustache that she put on Adrian but it happened so quick that I wasn't able to get a face shot.

Of Adrian, tthat is.


This is my sister-in-law, Katie. I'm going to be honest here, she's winning the Favorite Auntie Contest. Adrian adores her.

Jeff and his dad went fishing a few times just a few miles off shore. They caught this lake trout and Paul grilled it up minutes after they returned. It doesn't get much fresher than that!


We were following along with the Olympics while we were at the camp, but now that we're home I feel like we're missing out because we don't have cable. I thought we might be able to see it on the local news (??) but we can't get that chanel to come in. Anyways, here's Isaac feeling inspired while watching gymnastics.

He makes it look too easy.

I had intentions of running a few times while we were there but I only ended up going out once with Jeff. The waves were pretty big so at some narrower places on the beach it felt like we were playing Mario and trying to stay out of the lava. It made the run a lot more interesting that's for sure.

We also had a night of smores, hobo pies (with nutella, strawberries and bananas on french bread, try it!) and fireworks. My camera battery was long dead by then so I missed out on all the photo ops.

It was a nice relaxing trip besides the way too much laundry caused by a certain someone who had accidents at night due to certain someones feeding him too much watermelon. Oops. Hopefully everything goes well when we camp in a few weeks.

2 comments:

KayKay said...

Heidi, TV6 has the Olympics on during the day (until 5PM) and then from 8-12 at night as well.

Heidi Lassila said...

Thanks, KayKay!