Mar 30, 2012

4 Years

Yesterday was our 4-year anniversary. I meant to post, but I had it in my head that I needed a picture of us together and that never happened and completely forgot that I had originally intended to post pictures from our wedding. I've tried several times to load my pictures from Sharyn onto my computer (they are on a CD and I've never put them on this computer. They were on our other computer but that doesn't turn on anymore...) but it keeps giving me an error message after about half of them load. I'll have to try again some other day. Anyways, I was able to load the candids that I have, not sure who took these.


I remember feeling super relaxed on my wedding day. A few jitters before walking down the aisle, probably more worried that I would cry over anything else. When we were taking pictures before the wedding (Jeff and I saw each other before to get a lot of the pictures out of the way before the ceremony) I was scarfing down ham rolls because I was so hungry. ;) I remember someone laughing about that. Anyways, we had been dating for 4 years before that so it's not like I didn't know what I was getting myself into. In fact, 4 years felt like way too long and I was definitely ready to be married. I guess that's what happens when you start dating before your 16th birthday.

A few details about our day:
  • The entire family (siblings and their kiddos) was able to make it to the wedding. I'm not sure if I ever expressed how happy that made me. That's kind of a big deal when two of the families had to travel over 800 miles to get there! And in case you don't know my family, see the picture below.
  • I designed my dress based on a dress I had seen in a magazine. My cousin, Mary-Jane, made it. 
  •  My sister Amanda (who was my maid-of-honor) got married 3 weeks before me. We heard a lot of "Your poor mom!" But I think she actually said it was easier because she was able to buy everything at once rather than planning the weddings completely separate. I know I had a lot of fun comparing details with Amanda. There are pictures of us at home with our dresses on somewhere. 
  • Jeff has lost a ton of weight since our wedding! 
  • We got engaged in September and chose this day to get married because Jeff was in school and he had this week off so we could go on our honeymoon.
  • And apparently that's all the interesting facts I have about our day.

The only thing that I remember going "wrong" was forgetting our marriage license at the church. We headed off to our hotel and then about halfway there, realized we didn't have it. We were going on a cruise and since I wasn't 21 yet, we might need it to get on the ship. Turn the phones back on, call my mom and dad. An hour later we were finally on our way again. (Our church is half an hour from my parent's home, the opposite way as the airport.) Of course, as it turned out, no one questioned my getting on the ship and we never needed it.

Happy Anniversary, dear!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Congratulations to both of you!

Jodi Ann said...

Your dress...beautiful!! I love the photos, it looks like such a wonderful day. Happy Anniversary (a little late) :) You two make such a lovely couple and have a gorgeous family. :)

~ Jennifer J. said...

I keep thinking Jeff is so inspiring! He looks so great from the pictures I've seen lately.

(I've lost a lot of weight since your wedding, too. Wow. haha. It's just that I have to do it all over again in a few weeks.) ;)

~ J