Oct 3, 2011

home is wherever you are



I managed to survive a week without Jeff! He left last Monday for training and we were finally able to pick him up again last night. It actually went pretty well, I had a vehicle for the week so that helped. I felt pretty relaxed until Adrian and I both came down with nasty colds around the middle of the week. There were many times that I had to remind myself that he wasn't feeling well either. It takes so much patience to care for a sick little guy when I just want to crawl back in bed! Then, of course, he was so tired and I wanted him to sleep so he could get better but, he wasn't sleep very well at all.

It took him a day or so to figure out that Jeff wasn't around and from then on, he constantly asked, "Where's Daddy? Daddy working on airplanes? Daddy far away?" And then, after telling him that Daddy was in Texas he would ask where Jessica (Jeff's cousin) was, remembering that she also lived in Texas. He must have thought they were hanging out or something. Pretty soon came the "I miss Daddy." I have no idea if he knows what that means but I know he heard me say it plenty of times! We went to the airport to pick him up last night and as soon as Adrian saw him (his flight landed earlier than expected so he was already waiting outside our tiny little airport when I pulled up) he started giggling and kicking his legs. Aaah, it was so sweet! We're both so glad to have him back!

0 comments: