Mar 18, 2011

Just Something I Made

I mentioned a while ago that I found a few treasures in Jeff's grandpa's house. One of my treasures was a simple white skirt. (ETA: this skirt belonged to Jeff's grandma, Sally, whom I never had a chance to meet.) I didn't take a before picture but there isn't much of a difference either way. The only changes I made was flipping the waistband and resizing. It has a thick band of elastic without a casing and it was sewn 'inside out.' Except, there was a tag, so maybe it was meant to be rolled down? It looked very awkward that way because the fabric is a thicker material so it would be all bunched up. I was able to redo the entire skirt in about half an hour.


Jeff took these pictures. I usually just use self-timer so having someone behind the camera made me just slightly self-conscious. Okay, maybe a lot. Anyways, these were the best shots.


I love quick projects like this, they motivate me to sew even more. As if I need more motivation, I swear it's all I think about these days: sewing and designing. I picked up a few more items at Salvation Army today so my pile of projects just keeps growing! I think I found a dress for Dave and Jenna's wedding!

BTW, it's 11:57, I'm just barely squeaking this in on Friday but I did make it! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

very cute! how fun to have a stock pile of possibilities!

Jenna Lassila said...

very cute. good thing i didn't check out your blog late friday night or early saturday morning or i wouldn't have been surprised...

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

Very cute! I like that skirt.

~ J