Jan 13, 2008

High School and Beyond

Life is so different after high school. In high school you're concerned about the latest styles, how you're going to afford the expensive school lunches, and whether or not you're going to get a passing grade on your physics exam. Not to mention the annoying dramatic people who complain about how dramatic everyone is.
I always heard that I would miss high school once it was over. I didn't believe it. I still don't! I enjoy working so much more than I ever enjoyed school. Don't get me wrong, I did like school, got decent grades, and had a great group of both Christian and "school" friends. Lunches at the "Finn Table" were always very entertaining. Watching Wade and Keith push the teachers to the limit. Yet we still had the principle sit with us a time or two and tell us "I don't know why, but I really like your group of kids." :)
I was amazed for the longest time about how different work was than school. In school, we were so seperated by age and grade. There was the "popular" crowd, the "goths," the "preppy" kids and so on. At work it was just one group working together. I was the youngest (at 17) when I first started and the oldest was about 55. It didn't matter. I was never treated like I was so young or didn't know what I was doing (even though I'm sure I was at first). It's nice to be respected!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way after graduating. And, nearly 12 years later, I still do. :) Too much drama in high school, if you ask me. ;)