Aug 19, 2011

Happy Birthday to You

Woooeee! We've been busy this summer! I promise I'm not giving up on blogging, I'm just enjoying our most beautiful time of the year. Mostly.
Before I tell you where I was, this little boy turned 2!! (And shoot, I have yet to get him a birthday present!)




A week later and he's still singing 'Heppy Bertday Dada," Heppy Bertday to You!" "Heppy Birthday Mama, Adjian!" Aah, I just love it. By the way, it was Jeff's birthday too, I already feel kind of bad that their birthdays are on the same day...;)

Other than birthdays, we've been busy with a family reunion camping trip which was oh so fun. I'm so glad we were able to make it, I just wish more of our immediate family had made it! We were celebrating Grandma and Grandpa's 60th anniversary. I have the sweetest grandparents, Grandma said it feels like their wedding was last week!

A few days after returning from that camping trip, we headed north to the camp for a week with Jeff's family. I always love being out there, it's so relaxing and Adrian has plenty of room to run. It was so awesome to let him run out the door and know that I didn't have to chase after him. The first few nights were pretty rough, he wasn't sleeping for some reason. I could not figure it out but by the 3rd night we gave him a pillow and he slept perfectly from then on. I'm still scratching my head about that because although he does have a pillow in his crib, it's so small and he's usually not on it when I check on him before heading to bed myself. Whatever, I'm just glad he finally slept! And sorry to Grandma who also had to listen to him those first few nights!

Now that we're home again I'm thinking about heading downstate with Adrian to see the fam. My sister Sara is headed that way in a few days and since they have their big van we'll be able to squeeze in with them. If I find a ride back home that is. Then after that, we have a camping trip planned with Jeff's family so I might disappear again in the next couple weeks!

Overall, I'm pretty happy to be busy right now since I'm not feeling 100%...you know, 'cause I'm having a baby and stuff. Or just having a baby. But, maybe you caught that in the last post? We're pretty thrilled since our little guy is already two. I think the biggest difference I've noticed so far is that I have the worst pregnancy brain, it's ridiculous. I've tried putting dishes in the fridge and once found the Worcestershire sauce in the cupboard when it should have been in the fridge. Who knows what else I have left to discover.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Staying busy definitely keeps your mind off of not feeling well! Hope you start feeling good soon! Are you supposed to keep worcestershire sauce in the fridge? Cause I never do! Ah well.

~ Junkyard Jennifer said...

I was going to say the same thing about Worcestershire sauce. It doesn't have to be refrigerated... unless you have a different kind that does (??).

Hope you're enjoying all your vacationing! You've had a busy summer.

~ Jennifer

Heidi Lassila said...

Okay, so as it turns out, Worcestershire sauce does NOT need to be refrigerated. I just always have, weird.