Jan 30, 2010

I'm back! (for today) and a Recipe

I took a break from the computer yesterday, that's why I didn't post. I don't have an excuse for the rest of the time I've been missing.


Just a few blurps for today:
  • I made Chicken and Broccoli Braid for supper last night (Megan's recipe to follow). It was so good! Jeff and I both agreed that I need to make it again sometime. I used Amy I's crescent roll recipe (Magnolia Lane cookbook) rather than Pillsbury crescent rolls. (You know me, I make EVERYTHING from scratch!)

  • I'm working on cards for Etsy. It's been so fun to get creative again, I've been doing some serious slacking. Maybe if I keep it up it won't take me so long to make everything...

  • My desk and the room it resides in are out of control. We had wanted to move Adrian in there soon but I'm afraid he might get lost. I guess I have some organizing to do!

  • Adrian will be 6 months in about 2 weeks. Wait, what?!

  • We are looking forward to March to be able to visit our families. We will also be going to Texas to visit my "Aunt-in-laws" family. Jeff's family will (hopefully!) be down there with us as well. I think they're pretty excited!

  • Jeff got some free tickets to a Northern hockey game tonight so that's where you can find us. Go Wildcats!

  • I'm washing clothes today. I love doing laundry. Do you think that's strange? Remember that Paula! (She always gets after me for folding their laundry when I'm there, I just can't help it!) The first "real" job I had was at the Gap and looking back through all of my jobs, that was probably the best one. I got to fold clothes all day! And use a cash register, that was fun.

That's all for now!



Oh yeah, here's that recipe:

Chicken and Broccoli Braid

2 pkgs. refrigerated crescent rolls
2 c. coarsley chopped cooked chicken
1 1/2 c. coarsley chopped broccoli
1 c. (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 c. diced red bell pepper
1/3 c. mayonnaise
2 tsp dried dill
1/4 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 egg white, beaten
1/4 c. slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 375. Combine chicken, broccoli, cheese, bell pepper, mayo, dill, salt, and garlic; mix well. Roll out crescent rolls onto a baking pan. Scoop filling onto dough. Starting on the long side of the pan, cut sides of dough into eight strips about 1 1/2" wide by 3" long. Lift a strip, twist one turn, and lay across top of filling. Repeat, alternating strips to form a braid. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown.

I have to confess, it is more difficult to cut and braid the homemade crescent roll dough. I gave up after attempting to cut the first strip and just kind of stuck it all together on top. It wasn't very pretty. Maybe next time I'll actually try to make it look right. It tasted great either way!

1 comments:

Sara said...

sounds yummy! And love that little chubby cheeks sitting on the couch! Can't believe he's 6 months! - Wow!!.....and I still haven't met him. :(